The 2024 Fellowship in Tennis Coaching & Leadership Powered by Athleta will train the next generation of leaders in tennis coaching through an integrative approach that focuses on the core competencies of foundational coaching. The Fellowship will provide young, aspiring professionals with a unique, immersive, and accelerated training opportunity with the USTA and is structured to deliver significant experiential and leadership training while concurrently completing the Level 2 Certification requirements with a certifying organization accredited by the USTA. The USTA seeks to identify up to 16 candidates for this accelerated 12-week Program, which will begin on May 20 and conclude on August 9, 2024
- Fellowship will last up to 12 weeks from May 20 – August 9, 2024
- Fellowship has two locations ; USTA National Campus (Orlando, FL) and Midtown Athletic Club (Chicago, IL) (The site selected isn’t guaranteed)
- Practical and experiential opportunity to apply coaching theory
- Mentoring by USTA staff members and subject matter experts
- Professional engagement with various USTA Staff including National Campus Head Professionals, mental skills specialists, strength and conditioning coaches, pro shop staff, and national-level performance coaches
- Leadership skills development
- Completion of Level 2 Certification to develop the frameworks of coaching players of all levels which includes:
- Online Courses
- On court workshops
- Portfolio Assignments
Who You Are
- A minimum of 2 years of coaching experience.
- Pursuing a career as a tennis professional.
- Stipend of $12,000 in total per fellow.
- NTRP rating of 4.0 or higher.
- Housing and other expenses are not provided.
- Maintain a high level of personal professionalism and fitness.
- Able to provide references upon request.
- Must be US citizens or individuals lawfully admitted to the United States for permanent residence.
- Must be Level 1 certified by and a member in good standing by April 28, 2024.
- Must complete all level Level 2 online courses and the USTA Teaching & Coaching Philosophy course prior to start of Fellowship.
- Must be Safe Play Approved throughout the duration of the fellowship which includes completing a criminal background screen, acknowledgment of the USTA Safe Play Policy, and completing SafeSport training.
- 12 Fellows will be selected for the National Campus and 4 Fellows for the Midtown Chicago Athletic Club. The site selected by the applicant is not guaranteed.