Application and Selection Process
Membership is open to incoming sophomores, juniors, seniors, and graduate students. The application and selection process is composed of two rounds:
- Round 1
- The application will go live the first week of May and will be open for four weeks. Applicants will submit an essay of a minimum of 500 words as part of their application explaining why they would like to serve on the Council and what they offer to the success of the committee.
- ITA staff and a representative of the ITA Board of Directors will review the applications submitted. ITA staff will notify those applications selected to advance to the second round no later than the final week of June.
- Round 2
- Second round application will go live the first week of July. Applicants will submit at least one letter of recommendation from either their coach(es) or a member of their college or university’s athletic department no later than the final week of July.
- If applicants wish to serve on the Executive Committee, they will indicate this on the second round application. Applicants will select the position they wish to hold and submit an essay explaining why they would like to hold the position.
- Final selections will be announced no later than the second week of August.
Current SAC members that wish to reapply for the following academic year will follow an alternative application process that does not require a letter of recommendation.