Emmanuel University seeks qualified applicants for Head Men’s or Women’s Tennis Coach.
The selected candidate will help ensure the program operates and conducts itself within the ideals, goals, rules, and regulations set forth by Emmanuel University, the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) and the Conference Carolinas.
This position reports directly to the Director of Athletics. The successful candidate provides leadership, organization, supervision, instruction, and strategic planning for the Lions men’s or women’s tennis programs. The responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
- Foster an atmosphere promoting academic success and personal development
- Meet recruiting and retention goals
- Establish an effective communication plan with student-athletes
- Plan a competitive schedule
- Conduct practices in a safe environment
- Organize home events
- Effectively manage the budget
- Fundraise for additional program needs
- Provide safe and efficient travel to competitions
- Implement an effective community service plan
- Promote the tennis program in the community
- Order equipment to serve the needs of the program
- Maintain an accurate inventory of uniforms and equipment
Other responsibilities as assigned by the Director of Athletics.
Requirements include a bachelor’s degree, and previous collegiate tennis coaching or playing experience is preferred. Upon employment, the candidate must successfully complete the NCAA certification exam.
To apply for the position, send resume, cover letter, and the names and contact information of three references to:
Assistant Athletic Director for Sports Communication
Application Deadline: Review of candidates will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Any offer of employment is contingent on the verification of credentials and other information required by law or university policies.