Last modified: 9/22/2021
The Intercollegiate Tennis Association (“ITA” or “we” or “us”) respects your privacy and are committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy.
This policy applies to information we collect:
- on our Websites;
- in email, text, and other electronic messages between you and our Websites;
- when you become a member of ITA;
- when you play at college varsity tennis tournaments and other ITA Tour events;
- when you make a donation or membership payment, either online or offline; and
- from third parties such as our member organizations and business partners.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- us through any other means, including on any other website operated by ITA or any third-party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries); or
- us or any of our affiliates or subsidiaries related to your or any other individual’s employment or potential employment with us.
2. Children Under the Age of 13
Membership in ITA and our Websites are not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may become a member or provide any Personal Information to or on the Websites. We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not register for membership or use or provide any information on our Websites or on or through any of its features or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received Personal Information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from a child under 13, please contact us at [email protected].
3. Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about our members and users of our Websites (“Personal Information”):
- by which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, credit or debit card information (when you make a donation or a membership payment), account name, telephone number, or any other identifier by you may be contacted online or offline;
- that is about you but individually does not identify you, such as traffic data, location data, logs, referring/exit pages, date and time of your visit to our Websites, error information, clickstream data, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Websites. This may also include certain demographic information or other information that you voluntarily submit to us, such as age, sex, race, skin color, year in school, collegiate division, match scores and tournament results, and player status; and/or
- about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Websites and usage details.
We collect this information:
- directly from you when you provide it to us;
- as a result of your participation in ITA Tour events and other select college varsity tennis tournaments;
- automatically as you navigate through the Websites. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies and other tracking technologies; and
- from third parties, for example, our business partners and member organizations such as schools and organizations that put on tennis events and keep track of match scores.
Information You Provide to Us
The information we collect when you register for a membership and on or through our Websites are:
- information that you provide by filling in forms to become a member or on our Websites. This includes information provided at the time of registering to become a member, subscribe to our newsletter, register for webinars, register for tournaments and coaches camps, lessons, and other similar events (including those events not sponsored by the ITA), or to otherwise use our Websites, sending us a message to contact us, or requesting further information. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our Websites;
- records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us;
- details of transactions you carry out through our Websites and of the fulfillment of your orders. You may be required to provide financial information before placing an order through our Websites; and
- your search queries on the Websites.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with our Websites, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns:
- details of your visits to our Websites as described above; and
- information about your computer and internet connection, i.e. your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
The information we collect automatically may include Personal Information or we may maintain it or associate it with Personal Information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Websites and to deliver a better and more personalized service by enabling us to:
- estimate our audience size and usage patterns;
- store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Websites according to your individual interests;
- maintain whether you are logged in or logged out from our Websites;
- speed up your searches; and
- recognize you when you return to our Websites.
The automatic data collection technologies that we use include:
Information We Collect From Third Parties
The information we collect from third parties may include your name, USTA ID number, ITF IPIN, age, date of birth, year in school, email address, nationality, hometown, gender, school/team affiliation, and your match results. We may collect this information from coaches, schools, tournament and/or match hosts and officials, and other similar third parties.
4. How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any Personal Information:
- to present our Websites and their contents to you;
- to provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us;
- if you have made a donation, to process your donation, issue tax receipts, learn about our donors, plan future fundraising activities and events, contact you about our charitable activities, events, and requests for future support, and analyze giving patterns;
- process payments for transactions such as payment of membership fees and event registration;
- to assist you with registering for lessons, training camps, tournaments, and other similar events, including those that may be held or sponsored by us or by third party individuals or other entities that use our Websites to facilitate such registration;
- to provide you with access to the benefits associated with your membership;
- to provide you with notices about your membership;
- to maintain your account with us;
- to send newsletters to you;
- to provide you with support and respond to your inquiries;
- to carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection;
- to notify you about changes to our membership and Websites or any products or services we offer or provide though them;
- to evaluate your match results and create rankings to use for seeding and selections for tennis tournaments;
- to publish your match results and rankings on our Website;
- to recognize and honor tennis coaches and players through our awards program;
- to fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it;
- in any other way we may describe when you provide the information; and
- for any other purpose with your consent.
We may also use your information to contact you about our own and third-parties’ goods and services that may be of interest to you. If you wish to stop receiving information about such goods and services, you may send us an email stating your request at [email protected] or click an “Unsubscribe” link on one of the emails that we have sent to you. For more information, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
5. Disclosure of Your Information
- to our subsidiaries and affiliates;
- to coaches and other entities that provide lessons, training camps, tournaments, and other similar events through the use of our Websites, whether sponsored by us or otherwise. Their use of your Personal Information is subject to their privacy notice. We do not control the data privacy or protection policies of these coaches, and we are not responsible for the privacy practices of these coaches;
- to contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business. These entities provide IT and infrastructure support services, and payment processing services. Our payment processors’ privacy policies may be found at http://stripe.com/us/privacy and https://squareup.com/us/en/legal/general/privacy;
- to data brokers and aggregators;
- to our business partners, such as other tennis ranking organizations (for example, UTR);
- to a potential or actual buyer or other successor in the event of a planned or actual merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of ITA’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which Personal Information held by ITA about our members and Websites’ users is among the assets transferred;
- to fulfill the purpose for which you provide it;
- for any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information; and
- with your consent.
We may also disclose your Personal Information:
- to comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request;
- if we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of ITA, our customers, or others.
6. Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 (California’s “Shine the Light” law) permits users of our Websites that are California residents and who provide Personal Information in obtaining products and services for personal, family, or household use to request certain information regarding our disclosure of Personal Information to third parties for their own direct marketing purposes. If applicable, this information would include the categories of Personal Information and the names and addresses of those businesses with which we shared your Personal Information with for the immediately prior calendar year (e.g., requests made in 2021 will receive information regarding such activities in 2020). You may request this information once per calendar year. To make such a request, please send an email to [email protected] or write us at 1130 East University Drive Suite 115 Tempe, AZ 85281.
7. Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We do not control the collection and use of your information collected by third parties described above in Disclosure of Your Information. When possible, these organizations are under contractual obligations to use this data only for providing the services to us and to maintain this information strictly confidential. These third parties may, however, aggregate the information they collect with information from their other customers for their own purposes.
In addition, we strive to provide you with choices regarding the Personal Information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with control over your Personal Information:
- Promotional Offers from ITA. We may use your contact information to promote our own or third parties’ products and services. If you wish to stop receiving such promotions, you may send us an email stating your request to [email protected]. If we have sent you a promotional email, you may send us a return email or click a link in an email that we have sent to you asking to be omitted from future email distributions.
You can learn more about interest-based advertisements and your opt-out rights and options from members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) on its website (www.networkadvertising.org) and from members of the Digital Advertising Alliance on its website (www.aboutads.info). We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However, these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can also opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the NAI on its website.
8. Donor Privacy
We respect and value the privacy of our donors. If you would like to provide us with a donation, we will protect the confidentiality of your financial and credit or debit card information. We will not sell, trade or share a donor’s personal information with anyone else, nor send a donor mailing on behalf of other organizations unless the donor has provided permission to do so. We like to recognize our valued contributors in a variety of ways, including listing your name in our annual report. Please let us know in your donation form if we may share your name, and/or if you wish your donation to remain anonymous.
9. Accessing, Correcting, and Deleting Your Information
If you are a coach, you can review and change your Personal Information by logging into the Websites and visiting your account profile page. Otherwise, you may contact us at through any of the contact information below to request access to, correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We may not accommodate a request to delete or change information if we believe the deletion or change would impact record retention or other operational requirements (such as to maintain your rankings), violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
10. Do Not Track Signals
Our Websites may use automated data collection technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services (behavioral tracking). Some web browsers or operating systems permit you to broadcast a signal to websites and online services indicating a preference that they “do not track” your online activities. At this time, we do not honor such signals and we do not modify what information we collect or how we use that information based upon whether such a signal is broadcast or received by us.
11. Data Security
We have implemented measures designed to secure your Personal Information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet and the electronic storage of such information is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee the security of your Personal Information transmitted to our Websites or otherwise stored electronically by us. Our collection and use of Personal Information as a result of your membership or use of our Websites is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Websites or our other systems.
13. Contact Information
To Contact ITA
Intercollegiate Tennis Coaches Association
1130 East University Drive
Tempe, AZ 85281