Who We Are
We are Tennis! The USTA (United States Tennis Association) is the national governing body for the sport of tennis and the leader in promoting and developing the sport’s growth on every level in the United States, from local communities to the crown jewel of the professional game, the US Open.
Why Work for the USTA?
We are a passionate team of staff and volunteers focused on growing the sport of tennis and making it accessible to all. We are committed to removing barriers and crafting opportunities for ALL to participate. Don’t know tennis? Don’t worry, you can still find yourself in the game!
This position will assist with the management of all national collegiate initiatives, and will liaise with industry stakeholders on all matters related to collegiate tennis.
- Participate in organizational planning, providing professional expertise and support in the development and implementation of the Collegiate Strategic plan into the USTA Mission
- Develop effective relationships within the organization and affiliated stakeholders to positively impact the future of college tennis
- Assist in the planning and implementation of recruiting education opportunities both nationally and in each section
- Manage the planning of collegiate events at the US Open including college coach credentials, coach reception, and coach education programs.
- Oversight of the USTA’s College MatchDay program
- Serve as a member of the leadership team in the USTA’s hosting of major collegiate events including NCAA Championships
- Execute on collegiate D&I Initiatives
- Assist in managing content of the collegiate varsity section of the USTA.com web site, including but not limited to player/coach spotlights, blogs, newsletters, etc.
- Provide research and data gathering assistance to the Collegiate Pathway Committee and USTA staff.
- Serve as a liaison to the ITA (Intercollegiate Tennis Association)
Who You Are
- College degree preferred and/or experience in the area of project management
- Knowledge of NCAA and ITA rules and regulations
- Minimum of 3+ years of experience in tennis
- Excellent management, verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills required.
- Experienced presenter/outreach to community groups desirable.
- Demonstrated ability in analysis, event planning, coordination, promotions and data management.
- Proficiency with various social media platforms.
- Computer literate – Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- This position is designated as “hybrid/flex” and may allow for both remote and on-site work. Any such position must meet the current USTA hybrid/flex requirements, as updated from time to time. Please consult HR for the most current policy
What We Offer
At the USTA, we know people are our most important asset. For this reason, we offer a comprehensive benefits package designed to meet the needs of a diverse workforce!
- Flexibility: Our Hybrid with Flexibility approach combines a balance of remote working with in-office collaboration to spark teamwork and creativity.
- Comprehensive benefits designed to meet your unique needs: Medical, dental, vision, access to doctors virtually, a flexible spending account to manage your health and dependent care expenses, and life and disability insurance are a small part of our offerings.
- Time to recharge and energize: Generous paid time off policy – including vacation, sick, personal, and paid holidays, parental leave, and a paid winter recess.
- Plan for your future financially and professionally: 401(k) with employer matching (up to 3%), promotional and growth opportunities, Learning and Development programs to learn on the job, and up to $5,000 for tuition reimbursement.
- Mental and emotional wellness: Resources for overall well-being including mental health and meditation benefits.
- Other cool perks: A personalized health management program, pet insurance, commuter benefits, identity theft protection, discounts with our network of partners, and fun events are just a few of the optional benefits available.
The expected range for the base salary for this position is $52,000 to $60,000. This range does not include any additional pay or benefits for which a person may qualify. The actual base salary offered is determined by several variables, including, as appropriate, the applicant’s qualifications for the position, the years of relevant experience, their unique skills, and the location from which they will be performing the job.
Come One, Come All
We strongly encourage you to apply if you’re interested; we’d love to learn how you can “serve” our team with your unique experience!