Carnegie Mellon University is seeking applicants for a part-time, fixed term Assistant Coach to assist in bot its intercollegiate Men’s and Women’s Tennis programs. Carnegie Mellon has a world-renowned reputation with core values that reflect its commitment to hiring and retaining individuals with a diversity of talents, perspectives and experiences. A national research university, Carnegie Mellon is a member of the NCAA Division III intercollegiate sports program. This is a part-time, seasonal position working ~22.5 hours/week from September 2023-May 2024.
Core responsibilities will include:
- Demonstrate competency in sport skill instruction, motivation and ability to conduct practice sessions under the direction of the head coach
- Recruitment of potential student athletes via phone, email, or personal contact
- Demonstrate sincere interest in personal, academic, and athletic progress of student-athletes
- Exhibit supportive and cooperative behavior pursuing sport programs goals set by head coach
- Leadership ability and professional behavior when working with student-athletes
- Assist head coach with organization and implementation of daily practice sessions and games
- Willingness and ability to string racquets as needed
- Other duties as assigned
Flexibility, excellence, and passion are vital qualities within the Department of Athletics. Inclusion, collaboration and cultural sensitivity are valued competencies at CMU. Therefore, we are in search of a team member who is able to optimally interact with a varied population of internal and external partners at a high level of integrity. We are looking for someone who shares our values and who will support the mission of the university through their work.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 1-3 years of athletic coaching experience required
- A combination of education and relevant experience from which comparable knowledge is proven may be considered.
- Successful Background Check
- Child Protection Clearances
- Travel Requirements: You should be able to travel domestically and be willing to work outside of normal business hours as needed. An alternate work schedule allowing for evening and weekend hours will be required.
Are you interested in this exciting opportunity? Apply today at Careers at CMU
Questions? Contact Operations Manager for Intercollegiate Tennis Andy Girard at [email protected]