Temple University, a Division I member of the American Athletic Conference is seeking a qualified candidate for the position of Graduate Extern in Men’s and Women’s Tennis. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to: assisting with the planning and execution of daily practices, serving as a coach during match play competition, providing oversight of general tennis office operations, assisting the coaching staff with scheduling, fundraising, and recruiting efforts, assisting with team practice and competition transportation needs, assisting with planning and execution of strength/conditioning efforts for student-athletes, aiding in stringing rackets, and other duties as assigned by the Head Coach and/or assistant coaches. This is a 9-month position (beginning August, 2023) working with Men’s and Women’s Tennis. Compensation includes a monthly stipend. Tuition and housing are not included. If interested, please email resume, cover letter, and a list of 3 professional references to Coach Steve Mauro at [email protected] along with your application.
- Assisting with the planning and execution of daily practices
- Serving as a coach during match play competition
- Providing oversight of general tennis office operations
- Assisting the coaching staff with scheduling, fundraising, and recruiting efforts
- Assisting with team practice and competition transportation needs
- Assisting with planning and execution of strength/conditioning efforts for student-athletes
- Aiding in stringing rackets
- Performing other duties as assigned by the Head Coach and/or assistant coaches
Required Education & Experience:
An undergraduate degree in Sport Management or related field and acceptance into a full-time Temple University graduate program. Previous experience in tennis is preferred.
Required Skills & Abilities:
- The ability to manage several tasks and/or projects simultaneously.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends.
- Strong integrity and character who shares a commitment for knowing and complying with NCAA, Conference and University rules.
- Must have a valid US driver’s license by the time of hire.
Compliance Statement: In the performance of their functions as detailed in the position description employees have an obligation to avoid ethical, legal, financial and other conflicts of interest to ensure that their actions and outside activities do not conflict with their primary employment responsibilities at the institution. Employees are also expected to understand and be in compliance with applicable laws, University and employment policies and regulations, including NCAA regulations for areas and departments which their essential functions cause them to interact.