Youth Tennis San Diego seeks professional, motivated, and experienced tennis instructors/coaches to join our Barnes Tennis Center team. This includes former ITF players, former or current university players and coaches, and more. Ideal candidates should possess relevant tennis coaching and playing experience, high on-court intensity, be team players, and enjoy working with students of all ages and abilities. This includes young children to adults and red ballplayers to green ballplayers.
- Promote and teach tennis clinics, private lessons, and adult and/or junior programs
- Organize and maintain daily teaching schedule
- Conduct evaluations
- Enforce all department and company policies
- Present yourself in a positive and professional manner at all times
- Accurately record each day worked and accurate time worked
- Perform outdoors in various weather conditions
Position Requirements and Skills:
- Experience teaching children/youth preferred
- Past playing experience required – Division 1 tennis and/or have a 12+ UTR (men) 10+ UTR (women)
- Previous coaching experience in adult and/or junior clinics
- USPTA or PTR certification preferred
- Ability to handle stressful situations
- NCAA playing experience preferred
- Work well in a team environment
- Live Scan fingerprinting background check and SafePlay Certification required. If selected, employment is contingent upon the results.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent required.
Salary & Benefits:
- Compensation is based on ability and experience.
Youth Tennis San Diego is a nonprofit (501)(c)(3) organization whose purpose is to promote the educational, physical, and social development of all youth through organized tennis and educational activities. YTSD community programs encourage youth participation, and focus on personal integrity, leadership, and developing a competitive spirit in a friendly environment that builds responsible citizens.
Youth Tennis San Diego provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
The employee is expected to adhere to all company policies while employed. By applying to this position, you acknowledge you have read and understand the contents of this job description. Responsibilities and tasks outlined in this document are not exhaustive and may change as determined by the needs of the company.
Please provide a Resume/CV and references by email to our Human Resources and Office Manager Melyna Blanco – [email protected]