Located five miles from downtown Boston, Tufts University is a Division III member of the NCAA and the highly-competitive New England Small College Athletic Conference (NESCAC). Tufts students participate in 30 varsity sports, more than 20 club sports, and a variety of intramural sports. Since 2010, Tufts Athletics has won 11 NCAA team championships and 42 NESCAC team championships. Tufts Athletics won the Learfield Directors’ Cup as the top DIII Athletic Department in the Nation in 2022. The Tufts Women’s Tennis team has won five individual national titles since 2010 (three NCAA titles & two ITA titles). The team has had numerous All-American honorees and recipients of conference, regional, and national sportsmanship awards.
Tufts University is seeking a qualified candidate for the Assistant Women’s Tennis Coach Position. This Assistant Coach will report directly to the Head Coach. The position requires a variable schedule; weekend work, and overnight travel to away matches and tournaments. This is a part-time non-benefited position.
Responsibilities include assisting with:
- Practice and match planning and coaching
- Evaluation and recruitment of prospective student-athletes
- Other duties, which may include video analysis, stringing, social media posts, fundraising, community service, alumni events
- Bachelor’s degree
- Collegiate playing experience required, collegiate coaching experience preferred
- Highest level of ethical standards and sportsmanship
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to develop student-athletes in a highly rigorous academic environment
- Commitment to gender equity, rules compliance, diversity and inclusion, and the mission of Tufts University
- Valid US driver’s license and ability to travel
Interested candidates are asked to submit a cover letter, updated resume/CV, and three professional references with contact info to: [email protected]
Tufts University is an Equal Opportunity Employer: https://oeo.tufts.edu/policies-procedures/non-discrimination/