Who We Are
We are Tennis! The USTA (United States Tennis Association) is the national governing body for the sport of tennis and the leader in promoting and developing the sport’s growth on every level in the United States, from local communities to the crown jewel of the professional game, the US Open.
Why Work for the USTA?
We are a passionate team of staff and volunteers focused on growing the sport of tennis and making it accessible to all. We are committed to removing barriers and creating opportunities for ALL to participate. Don’t know tennis? Don’t worry, you can still find yourself in the game!
To help train, manage high performance athletes, manage National Coaches and IC’s in their duties, support Director of Wheelchair Tennis in expansion of HPWC within PCD, and Community Tennis
- Manage National Coaches and Players within the USTA wheelchair High Performance program.
- Manage high performance athletes and advise on both on-court and off-court techniques to achieve maximum performance.
- Manage on-court duties for all training blocks/camps involving our HPWC players, either in Orlando, or at Carson.
- Help set up optimum schedules for high performance
- Advise and coordinate with the Director of Wheelchair Tennis and coaches of the Men’s, Women’s, Quad’s and Junior World Team Cup
- Manage HPWC National Coaches in performing their
- Have proficiency in the AMS System and basic analytics
- Advise and assist IC/National coaches in dealing with players, coaches and
- Work closely with coaches traveling with teams
- Ensure consistency in adherence to policies and procedures for national
- Manage National Coaches, attend and coach athletes at critical USTA and ITF events including World Team Cup, Parapan Am Games and Paralympic
- Work closely with Player & Coach Services and Player ID & Development Departments to design and administer a progressive network of camps for junior and adult wheelchair players.
- Work closely with the Strength and Conditioning Staff, Mental Skills Staff, Sports Medicine staff and Nutrition Experts in creating a performance program for all HP
- Work closely with the Director of Wheelchair Tennis, and National Manager of Wheelchair Tennis , and USTA-U in the development and implementation of Coaching Workshops and its curriculum.
- Attend and represent the USTA both domestically and internationally at approved wheelchair events/workshops.
- Assist in representing the USTA when working with other governing bodies on wheelchair matters including the ITF, IPC, USOPC, NCAA, ITA, ATP, WTA, USADA and WADA
Who You Are
- Position requires strong on-court teaching skills and ability to communicate
- National/International Wheelchair Tennis coaching experience
- Excellent Presentation skills
- College degree or equivalent experience
- USPTA or PTR certified
- This position is located in Orlando and designated as “hybrid/flex” .
What We Offer
At the USTA, we know people are our most important asset. For this reason, we offer a comprehensive benefits package designed to meet the needs of a diverse workforce!
- Flexibility: Our Hybrid with Flexibility approach combines a balance of remote working with in-office collaboration to spark teamwork and creativity.
- Comprehensive benefits designed to meet your unique needs: Medical, dental, vision, access to doctors virtually, a flexible spending account to manage your health and dependent care expenses, and life and disability insurance are a small part of our offerings.
- Time to recharge and energize: Generous paid time off policy – including vacation, sick, personal, and paid holidays, parental leave, and a paid winter recess.
- Plan for your future financially and professionally: 401(k) with employer matching (up to 3%), promotional and growth opportunities, Learning and Development programs to learn on the job, and up to $5,000 for tuition reimbursement, per academic year.
- Mental and emotional wellness: Resources for overall well-being including mental health and meditation benefits.
- Other cool perks: A personalized health management program, pet insurance, commuter benefits, identity theft protection, discounts with our network of partners, and fun events are just a few of the optional benefits available.
The expected range for the base salary for this position is $95,000.00 to $105,000.00. This range does not include any additional pay or benefits for which a person may qualify. The actual base salary offered is determined by several variables, including, as appropriate, the applicant’s qualifications for the position, the years of relevant experience, their unique skills, and the location from which they will be performing the job.
Come One, Come All
We strongly encourage you to apply if you’re interested; we’d love to learn how you can “serve” our team with your unique experience!
USTA is dedicated to providing equal employment opportunities for all individuals, regardless of age, disability, national origin, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, or expression, pregnancy, veteran status, marital status, family status, alienage or citizenship status, creed, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.