The person in this position will provide primary leadership the men’s and women’s tennis programs including recruiting, teaching, scheduling and integration of faith.
- Seek opportunities to reflect Christ to students and families, while helping student-athletes grow in their walk with Christ
- Recruiting – management, coordinate with admissions, visit coordinator, and financial aid, complete recruiting reports as requested
- Schedule competitions and practices in the fall and spring seasons working with the other pertinent sports for use of shared facilities
- Design daily and yearly practice plans
- Manage all spending for operations and recruiting within the budget parameters determined by Tabor’s executive team. Assist the Director of Athletics in the budget developing process.
- Organize and supervise home competitions. Plan travel and meal schedules for teams as necessary during away games
- Supervise and manage all assistant, graduate assistant coaches and other staff (managers, etc.)
- Submit and implement a written plan for the integration of the Christian faith into the men’s and women’s tennis programs
- Manage scholarship budget – work with Director of Athletics and FA office in order to prepare estimates and official scholarship offers to recruits as well as complete and submit scholarship reports as requested
- Work with Tabor’s Sports Information Director to provide required KCAC and NAIA reports
- Have knowledge of Tabor College in respect to: history, philosophy, mission, academic programs, student activities and organizations, student profile, cost/fees and admissions requirements and procedures.
- Follow protocol in regard to the implementation of institutional policies.
- Maintain a professional appearance, attitude and manner of communication.
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Athletics within the Athletic Department, such as teaching class, event administration, SID, etc. Tasks depend on the needs of the college and strength of the candidate.
- B.A. or B.S. Degree required; Master’s Degree preferred
- Preferred 5 years of experience coaching tennis, preferably at the collegiate level
- Experience recruiting college athletes
To Apply: Qualified and interested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume and references to Alex Wiens, HR Coordinator, by email at [email protected].