Position Title: Assistant Coach, Men’s and Women’s Tennis
Salary/Pay Rate: $15.45/hour ($23,299 annually) – $21.22/hour ($32,000 annually)
Job Summary: This role reports to the Director of Tennis and will assist in all phases of the program. This includes coaching and recruiting and administrative duties such as coordinating training, coordinating team travel, and completing compliance information. Job duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Commitment to the student-athlete, passion for the sport, and the ability to coach and motivate.
- Ability to recruit within NCAA and MAAC Rules.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, oral, and written communication and computer skills.
- Ability to write, draft, edit correspondence, text for publications.
- Demonstrated ability to independently manage competing priorities.
- Ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced, multi-faceted work environment.
- Possess a willingness and ability to support a diverse and inclusive environment.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Competitive collegiate and/or professional playing experience
- Assist the head coach in planning long- and short-term team objectives with the goal of enhancing individual and team development, growth & performance.
- Provide instruction and coaching for practices, individual sessions, and matches.
- Assist with the evaluation of potential student-athletes.
- Work with department Travel & Operations Manager for travel needs & arrangements.
- Assist Head Coach in executing the strategy for strength and conditioning and coordinate training schedules with the weight room.
- Serve as mentor to student-athletes, helping solve academic and non-academic issues.
- 1-3 years’ coaching experience with a competitive club, high school or collegiate program
Required Application Documents:
- Resume, Cover Letter, & Contact Information of 3 Professional References
About the Department/School:
A conference leader in athletic and academic success, the Marist College Department of Athletics sponsors 23 Division I sports that compete in the Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference (MAAC) and the Pioneer Football League (PFL – Football Championship Subdivision). In its history, Marist is the MAAC all-time leader in conference championships and overall Commissioner’s Cups, an award that celebrates overall excellence and athletic achievement. The Red Foxes have led the conference in MAAC Academic Honor Roll for 21 straight seasons.
The Athletics Program is committed to be competitive at the NCAA Division I or other member conference level, to offer equitable opportunities to all students and staff, and to advance their welfare, health, and safety.
About Marist College:
Located on the banks of the historic Hudson River and at its Florence, Italy campus, Marist College is a comprehensive, independent institution grounded in the liberal arts. Its mission is to “help students develop the intellect, character, and skills required for enlightened, ethical, and productive lives in the global community of the 21st century.” Marist educates approximately 5,000 traditional-age undergraduate students and 1,200 adult and graduate students in 53 undergraduate majors and numerous graduate programs, including fully online MBA, MPA, MS, and MA degrees, and also Doctor of Physical Therapy and Physician Assistant programs. Marist is consistently ranked among the best colleges and universities in America by The Princeton Review (Colleges That Create Futures and The Best 386 Colleges), U.S. News & World Report (3rd Most Innovative School/North), Kiplinger’s Personal Finance (“Best College Values”), and others. Marist’s study abroad program is ranked #2 in the nation by the U.S. State Department’s “Open Doors Report” and has also received the Senator Paul Simon Award for First Year Abroad programs in Italy and Ireland. Marist’s Joint Study partnership with IBM, which began in 1988, has brought the College the kind of world-class technology platform typically found at leading research institutions. To learn more, please visit https://www.marist.edu/about