Special Instructions to Applicants:
Review of applications will begin immediately with a best consideration date of ten days (July 22, 2023) from initial posting.
All documents must be submitted through the online application system. No credentials, emails, or phone calls will be accepted by the Director of Athletics or search committee members.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Develop, coach and lead a successful NCAA DII men’s and women’s tennis program.
- Coach individual student-athletes in the skills necessary for excellent achievement.
- Recruit and develop student-athletes who will successfully represent AUM academically, athletically and socially.
- Attend to details to effectively act on policies necessary and appropriate for managing NCAA, Gulf South Conference and institutional related compliance.
- Monitor and foster student-athletes’ academic success, physical and mental well-being.
- Commitment to a positive student-athlete experience.
- Facilitate discipline and sportsmanlike behavior at all times.
- Plan and schedule a regular program of practice, strength and conditioning and competition in accordance with applicable NCAA and Gulf South Conference regulations.
- Hire, train and supervise graduate assistant(s) and other program personnel.
- Work closely with the department staff to schedule events and facility usage.
- Oversee the facility maintenance and equipment of tennis complex.
- Monitor the safety of conditions of the facility or area in which the assigned sport is conducted.
- Administer all program budgets, travel, scheduling and purchasing, in line with the guidelines provided by the athletic department and the Office of Financial Services.
- Maintain accurate records and documentation related to all aspects of the program and its management.
- Initiate, coordinate and participate in fundraising and community engagement activities.
- Coordinate procurement of all uniforms and equipment.
- Additional responsibilities and duties to be assigned by the Director of Athletics.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Knowledge of the following:
- NCAA Division II and Gulf South Conference rules and regulations
- Sport-specific techniques and skills
- Institutional policies, practices and procedures
- Acceptable supervisory practices
- Recruiting and compliance-related documentation
- Successfully lead, recruit and manage people
- Execute strong interpersonal skills
- Apply successful teaching, coaching and mentoring techniques
- Counsel and advise prospective and college student-athletes within established rules and expectations
- Manage budgets
- Make oral and written presentations
- Administer First Aid, CPR and AED
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited four-year institution.
- Two (2) years of experience coaching college tennis with a competitive record.
- Knowledge and commitment to rules and regulations set force by the NCAA Division II and the Gulf South Conference.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Continued employment is contingent upon obtaining and maintaining CPR/AED and First Aid certification.
- Master’s Degree.
- Previous coaching experience at the NCAA DII level.
- Previous coaching experience in the South or Southeast region.