Job Description Summary
Responsible for assisting the Head Coach of Women’s Tennis with all aspects of program management. In addition to coaching duties, extensive recruiting responsibilities, office administration, planning, scouting, counseling of student-athletes, alumni, and development functions. Ability to motivate and counsel recruiting and team members. The work is performed under general supervision and reports to
the Head Coach.
- Coaching: Coach and teach sport specific skills and strategies to current student-athletes at practice and competition, including preparation for said practice and competition. Educate team members on proper training techniques, exercises, and any sport-specific needs. Prepare and execute practice and competition plans. Provide instruction and advice before, during and after competition in both group and individual settings.
- Recruiting: Consistently recruit national caliber athletes for enrollment at the College through mail, phone and in-person contact. Identify and properly vet prospects of strong character, academic ability and athletic skill. Evaluate recruits at competition. Organize and coordinate official and unofficial visits. Communicate with athletic liaison to admissions and financial aid regarding top prospect academic viability.
- Administrative Duties: Effectively work with staff members in the areas of compliance, student development, external operations, facilities/operations, equipment operations, internal operations and athletic development. Comply with all NCAA, Ivy League and Dartmouth rules and policies. Organize team and coach travel, compliance paperwork, and other administrative responsibilities.
- Counseling/Mentoring: Serve as a role-model and advisor for student-athletes in a general capacity. Connect student-athletes to necessary resources within and outside of Dartmouth Athletics as needed. Provide a support system to all student-athletes on the team.
- Alumni/Community Relations: Build strong relationships with alumni, fans, campus partners and the broader community.
- A Bachelor’s Degree and 2 years to 3 years of experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience is required. Playing ability of NTRP 5.0 or higher preferred.
Head Coach Bob Dallis