Under the direction of the Head Coach the assistant coach is responsible for:
- Assist with the planning, coordination, and overall operation of the tennis program in accordance with all University, conference and NCAA rules and regulations.
- Assist with providing a competitive Division I tennis program that emphasizes integrity; supports the development, education, and welfare of its student-athletes; and strives for athletic and academic excellence within the University’s mission.
- Effectively coach in practices and in games, demonstrating thorough knowledge of the sport of tennis and an ability to develop student-athletes to their full potential.
- Support and assist with planning, implementing, and monitoring programs, initiatives and efforts designed to achieve goals for graduation and academic achievement of student-athletes.
- Maintain current knowledge of the rules and regulations governing intercollegiate athletic competition, including the rules and regulations of the NCAA and the Mountain West Conference and always maintain compliance therewith.
- Assist with organizing and conducting practices.
- Assist with organizing and implementing a comprehensive recruiting plan.
- Assist with monitoring annual operational and recruiting budgets.
- Assist with travel planning and logistics.
- Assist with developing and implementing promotional and fundraising activities.
- Assist in developing community and alumni support.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Head Coach
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university
- Minimum of one year tennis coaching
- NCAA playing experience
- Collegiate level coaching experience
APPLICATION PROCESS: Qualified applicants must submit the following materials: current cover letter, current resume, name, and contact information for three professional references.
Please submit these materials to Head Coach, Mai-Ly Tran at [email protected]