Southwest Baptist University (D2) is currently looking for a graduate assistant coach for the upcoming season. Southwest Baptist University is a private Christian University located in Bolivar, Missouri. SBU has a long history of being nationally ranked with 6 national championships between individual and doubles as well as an NAIA championship on the men’s side.
Graduate Assistant, Men’s and Women’s Tennis:
The Graduate Assistant Coach reports directly to the Head Tennis Coach, and is responsible for working, as directed, towards the planning and execution of a successful Tennis program. The program operates within the mission, philosophy, and objectives of the Head Coach, Athletic Department, and University.
Qualified candidates will show competency and experience in recruiting, facilitating and planning practices, driving teams to matches and tournaments, an eagerness to be part of a Christ-Centered University and fulfill the employee expectations from a Christian institution.
1. Must have a Social Security Number (SSN) or get one done
2. Must be able to drive
3. Must be admitted into the MBA program
Preference will be given to:
1. Candidates with involment in strong/competitive programs
2. Candidates with coaching experience
1. The graduate assistant coach position will assist the Head Tennis in the preparation, coordination of practice and the execution of practice plans.
2. Driving vans to matches, practices, and airports
3. Recruiting new prospective students
4. Office administration: taking care of receipts, allocation of budgets, practice logs, etc
5. Purchase of food for travel and filling up vans before travel
6. Any other duties assigned by the head coach
1) 12 hours of school paid per year, 6 in the fall and 6 in the spring (Summer classes not covered)
2) A stipend of $7,500 per year
3) Opportunity for tennis lessons for extra income
Interested Candidates should contact Head Coach Joao Almeida ([email protected]) with Resume, contact information, and a summary of what the candidate can contribute to the team.