The East Texas Baptist University Women’s Tennis program seeks a Graduate Assistant Coach for the upcoming 2023-2024 season.
Requirements/Qualifications: A Bachelor’s Degree is required. Applicant must be able to be accepted into one of ETBU’s Graduate Programs. Prior coaching experience or collegiate playing experience is required. A Valid and current U.S. driver’s license is required.
Responsibilities: The Graduate Assistant Coach shall understand and abide by the philosophy and procedures of East Texas Baptist University. The GA shall assist the Head Coach with coaching, teaching, and recruiting responsibilities and in any other capacity the Head Coach deems appropriate. These tasks include but are not limited to:
- Know and abide by the rules and regulations set forth by the American Southwest Conference, the National Collegiate Athletic Association, Intercollegiate Tennis Association and East Texas Baptist University policies.
- The Graduate Assistant Coach shall be actively involved in the academic and spiritual development of student-athletes and shall set a positive example as a role model for all students.
- The Graduate Assistant Coach will help in transportation of the teams to and from matches and team events.
- The Graduate Assistant Coach shall aid the Head Coach in the recruitment and retention of quality athletes.
- The Graduate Assistant Coach shall support the efforts of the Head Coach to maximize the effectiveness of practice sessions and matches.
- The Graduate Assistant Coach shall aid the Head Coach in accurate ITA match record-keeping and assist with publicity for the sport in which they coach.
- The Graduate Assistant Coach shall maintain all equipment used by the team. Ability to string racquets in strongly recommended. The Graduate Assistant will also assist the Head Coach in making certain all facilities are maintained properly.
- The Graduate Assistant Coach shall help student-athletes on an as-needed basis in order to maintain academic excellence in the classroom.
- The Graduate Assistant Coach shall assist in the organization of and shall participate in all fund-raising activities for the sport in which he/she coaches.
To apply, please e-mail cover letter, resume, philosophy of Christ-centered athletics, and list of references to:
Drew Lambert, Head Men’s and Women’s Tennis Coach, at [email protected]