The VCU Department of Athletics seeks to hire an Assistant Women’s Tennis Coach. Reporting to the Head Women’s Tennis Coach, the Assistant Women’s Tennis Coach is responsible for assisting the head coach in the management and administration of the VCU Athletics Women’s Tennis program. As a direct report to the Head Women’s Tennis Coach, the assistant coach is responsible for assisting with all aspects of the Women’s Tennis program including the recruitment and training of all women’s tennis student-athletes to prepare them to compete successfully at the A-10 and national level both athletically and academically.
- Bachelor’s degree or training and work experience at a level that equates to a Bachelor’s degree in a sports-related field.
- Knowledge and experience with NCAA Division I rules and regulations.
- 1-2 years of experience coaching or playing in the sport of tennis in the collegiate level, and/or former high-level tennis coaching/playing experience
- Ability to play tennis/hit at a Division 1 women’s tennis level
- Demonstrated experience working in and fostering a diverse faculty, staff, and student environment or commitment to do so as a staff member at VCU.
- Master’s degree or training and work experience at a level that equates to a Master’s degree in a sports-related field.
- Previous playing experience in the sport of tennis.
- International recruiting experience.
Salary Range: Up to $42,500
Department: Women’s Tennis
Employment Type: UF – University Employee FT
Restricted Status: No
Exemption Status: Exempt
Contact Name: Vivian Segnini
Contact Email: [email protected]