Who We Are
We are Tennis! The USTA (United States Tennis Association) is the national governing body for the sport of tennis and the leader in promoting and developing the sport’s growth on every level in the United States, from local communities to the crown jewel of the professional game, the US Open.
Why Work for the USTA?
We are a passionate team of staff and volunteers focused on growing the sport of tennis and making it accessible to all. We are committed to removing barriers and creating opportunities for ALL to participate. Don’t know tennis? Don’t worry, you can still find yourself in the game!
- Be responsible for the USTA Junior Tournaments with a concentration in ranked team events. This role will help raise the standards at USTA Junior Tournaments nationwide by developing and implementing critical initiatives to help attract, engage, and retain a new diverse group of junior players
- Responsible for building out and leading all aspects of the ranked team pathway overall framework nationwide
- Manage and analyze tournament evaluation forms for team events and from that develop standards of team events nationwide
- Liaise with USTA Section staff, tournament organizers / providers and lead all aspects of communication with our tennis partners
- Plan, manage, and maintain all aspects of team competition and continually innovate and strategically implement ways to grow junior tournament participation in attracting, engaging, and retaining junior players across all ranked levels.
- Hire all coaches needed for the L1- USTA Brewer Team Cup
Who You Are
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in tennis industry or similar business
- Knowledge and experience working at USTA National or Section offices, preferred but not required
- Experience and background in tennis, and understanding of various aspects – and organizations in the sport
- Demonstrated ability in project management and administration
- Strong strategic problem solver and self-starter
- Strong written and oral communication skills
What We Offer
At the USTA, we know people are our most important asset. For this reason, we offer a comprehensive benefits package designed to meet the needs of a diverse workforce!
- Flexibility: Our Hybrid with Flexibility approach combines a balance of remote working with in-office collaboration to spark teamwork and creativity.
- Comprehensive benefits designed to meet your unique needs: Medical, dental, vision, access to doctors virtually, a flexible spending account to manage your health and dependent care expenses, and life and disability insurance are a small part of our offerings.
- Time to recharge and energize: Generous paid time off policy – including vacation, sick, personal, and paid holidays, parental leave, and a paid winter recess.
- Plan for your future financially and professionally: 401(k) with employer matching (up to 3%), promotional and growth opportunities, Learning and Development programs to learn on the job, and up to $5,000 for tuition reimbursement.
- Mental and emotional wellness: Resources for overall well-being including mental health and meditation benefits.
- Other cool perks: A personalized health management program, pet insurance, commuter benefits, identity theft protection, discounts with our network of partners, and fun events are just a few of the optional benefits available.
The expected range for the base salary for this position $56,000 to $68,000/yr. Any additional pay or benefits a person may qualify for, are not included in this range. The actual base salary offered is determined by several variables, including, as appropriate, the applicant’s qualifications for the position, the years of relevant experience, their unique skills, and the location from which they will be performing the job.
Come One, Come All
We strongly encourage you to apply if you’re interested; we’d love to learn how you can “serve” our team with your unique experience!
USTA is dedicated to providing equal employment opportunities for all individuals, regardless of age, disability, national origin, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, or expression, pregnancy, veteran status, marital status, family status, alienage or citizenship status, creed, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.