This position reports directly to the Vice Chancellor/Athletics Director and is responsible for overseeing and leading all aspects of Vanderbilt University’s intercollegiate men’s tennis program, including recruiting, guiding, teaching, instructing, educating, and developing student-athletes to achieve their fullest potential.
Key Functions and Expected Performance:
- Oversee and lead all aspects of the men’s tennis program, including recruiting, guiding, teaching, instructing, educating, and developing student-athletes to achieve their fullest potential
- Promotes the philosophy and objectives of the intercollegiate athletics program, to include adhering to all departmental policies and procedures, as well as the rules and regulations of the University, the Southeastern Conference, and the NCAA
- Oversees coaching student-athletes, which includes evaluating their performance in both practice and competition and providing leadership and instruction in areas of deficiencies, as required
- Oversees the scouting and recruitment of student-athletes, including on-campus visits of prospective student-athletes
- Participates in the collection and analysis of tactical and statistical data of opponents with the goal of designing game plans and strategies
- Counsels team members in academic, disciplinary and other matters, to include consulting with the Assistant Athletics Director for Student Services in Athletics, the Assistant Athletics Director for Compliance, and other University administrators to resolve problems as needed
- Advises and counsels with student-athletes regarding their obligations to comply with all rules and regulations related to eligibility, compliance, and all other department, institutional, conference, and national policies
- Other duties as assigned by the Vice Chancellor/Athletics Director
This position does have supervisory responsibility and reports administratively and functionally to the Vice Chancellor/Athletics Director.
Education and Certifications:
- A Bachelor’s degree is necessary.
- Previous coaching experience is necessary
- Previous head coaching experience at the Division I level is preferred.
If you have any questions, please contact Kelly Brooks at [email protected]