Bloomington Tennis & Turf located in the heart of the Midwest, just 2 hours South of Chicago, IL, 2 hours North of St. Louis, MO & 2 hours West of Indianapolis, IN. We are extremely excited to announce the exceptional career opportunity of Teaching Pro. Bloomington-Normal is over 150,000 strong, and home to State Farm World Headquarters, Rivian Automotive Production Facility and Executive Headquarters, Farm Bureau, GroMark Headquarters, country Financial World Headquarters, Illinois High School Association, Illinois Elementary School Association among the many prospering corporations found in Bloomington-Normal, but also the home to Illinois State University as well as Illinois Wesleyan University. Bloomington has long been a strong tennis community of juniors looking to play at high levels. Qualified candidates will thrive in a small club atmosphere and be highly focused on providing superior instruction for our members. The best candidate will have a LOVE for the sport of Tennis.
- Working with the General Manager to develop a Master schedule of all clinics, tournaments, private lessons & special clinics during dry weeks
- Assigning assistant pros to clinics accordingly based on players registered
- Teaching 25 to 30 hours a week of private lessons outside of clinics
- Leading clinics
- Running & promoting USTA Tournaments & scheduling, Complete & Approved on USTA Net Generations background
- Fluent in Orange & Green ball teaching and development
- Provides beginning through Advanced instruction (Private & Group) for all levels of play
- Desire to do some adult lessons and/or clinics
- Regular & Reliable attendance
- Incorporates safe work practices in job performance
Candidates should have a:
USTA rating of 4.5/5+
UTR rating 9/10+
About Bloomington Tennis & Turf
Bloomington, IL 61704
About the Bloomington/Normal, Illinois Area
To ensure full consideration for the position, please submit a cover letter, resume and a list of three references with phone numbers by Friday, May 27 to Emma Jacobs ([email protected]) at SP Athletics. Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Bloomington Tennis Center does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, disability, religion, age, military or veteran status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or familial status, pregnancy, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law in its educational programs and activities, admissions, or employment, as required by Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972, the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, Title VI and Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, and other applicable laws and College policies.