The USTA Southern California (“Organization”) offices are located in Los Angeles, California (on the UCLA Campus) and is a not-for-profit volunteer organization devoted to promoting and developing the growth of tennis in Southern California. USTA-Southern California is one of the 17 sections of the United States Tennis Association, the governing body of tennis in America. USTA Southern California features a
number of tennis programs for juniors, adults and seniors at the beginning, recreational, and competitive levels.
USTA Southern California Home Page: www.ustasocal.com
Job Summary: The Coordinator of Junior Tennis, will work closely with the USTA Junior Southern California Tennis Team providing administrative and technical support for Junior tournament administration, player development and communications.
- Reports directly to the Director of Junior Tennis
- Works directly and indirectly with other USTA Southern California staff members across departments
- Works closely with USTA National Player Development, USTA National office when needed
- Provides administrative and tech support to the Junior Tennis Department
- Works Tournament Desks at Junior Events throughout the Section
- Handles Junior Tournament feedback through weekly USTA participant surveys
- Manages Junior Tournament information on the USTA Southern California website, Serve Tennis, Serve Control, tennislink and TDM platforms
- Provides exceptional customer service via phone and email to current and prospective USTA members, players and parents
- Provide support with player development camps and programs
- Expand opportunities for court rentals with the high school and college institutions
- Ability to handle multiple projects
- Project management capabilities
- Able to work weekends and holidays when needed to perform job duties
- Other duties assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university, or equivalent work experience
- Advanced knowledge and experience with junior competitive tennis
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Strong computer skills with intermediate Google Suite and Microsoft programs (Word, Excel, etc.)
- Advanced administrative and organizational skills; ability to multitask
- Knowledge of USTA National and USTA Southern California Junior Pathway programs
- Playing background, junior/collegiate tennis
- May require extended time outdoors with temperatures above 90 degrees
- May require lifting boxes/equipment
Benefits and Other Details:
- This is a full-time position. Benefits include health, dental and vision insurance, 401k plan, paid vacation, and paid parking.
- SafePlay background check and completion of the SafeSport training required, as well a valid driver’s license and reliable vehicle.
- USTA Southern California offices are located on the UCLA campus in Los Angeles. This position is currently remote but will require the candidate to reside in the USTA Southern California section or willing to relocate to the section.
- Base salary: $24.04 – $25.48 per hour non-exempt employee status
The Junior Tennis department is committed to building a diverse staff and creating a diverse environment throughout USTA Southern California. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
To apply, please send cover letter/letter of application, resume, and list of 3 references (including contact information) to the following email address: Ai Takamori, Assistant Director of Junior Tennis USTA-Southern California
Email: [email protected]