The University of San Francisco Women’s tennis team NCAA Division 1 West Coast Conference is seeking a Volunteer Assistant Coach for the 2022-23 season. Looking for a former collegiate or professional player that is interested in beginning a career in coaching (collegiate or high performance) and in mentoring young student-athletes. This role entails assisting the coaching staff in all aspects of running a Division I tennis program, and the duties include (but not limited to):
Coaching and Mentoring:
- Assist with on and off-court coaching and mentoring of student-athletes in both individual and team settings
- On-court hitting and training with student-athletes
- Travel and coaching for away matches fall season matches as well as helping with the Spring Dual Match season.
- Assist with transportation to practice and development plans for student-athletes
- Assist with recruiting prospective student-athletes where permitted within the NCAA rules (official/unofficial on-campus visits)
- Ensure adherence to NCAA and University rules by following and maintain a current knowledge of all policies, guidelines and procedures.
- Assist the coaching staff with administrative responsibilities, community outreach, fundraising and social media
- College tennis Division 1 preferred or professional playing experience
- Excellent on-court and off-court work ethic
- Knowledge of the NCAA rules and regulations
This position allows for outside income from tennis lessons, clinics, Summer Camps and various other projects.
Applicants, please forward your resume with a cover letter and references to Head Coach, Peter Bartlett at [email protected]