The University of Pennsylvania, the largest private employer in Philadelphia, is a world-renowned leader in education, research, and innovation. This historic, Ivy League school consistently ranks among the top 10 universities in the annual U.S. News & World Report survey. Penn has 12 highly-regarded schools that provide opportunities for undergraduate, graduate and continuing education, all influenced by Penn’s distinctive interdisciplinary approach to scholarship and learning. As an employer Penn has been ranked nationally on many occasions with the most recent award from Forbes who named Penn one of America’s Best Employers By State in 2021.
Penn offers a unique working environment within the city of Philadelphia. The University is situated on a beautiful urban campus, with easy access to a range of educational, cultural, and recreational activities. With its historical significance and landmarks, lively cultural offerings, and wide variety of atmospheres, Philadelphia is the perfect place to call home for work and play.
The University offers a competitive benefits package that includes excellent healthcare and tuition benefits for employees and their families, generous retirement benefits, a wide variety of professional development opportunities, supportive work and family benefits, a wealth of health and wellness programs and resources, and much more.
COVID-19 vaccination is a requirement for all positions at the University of Pennsylvania. New hires are expected to be fully vaccinated before beginning work at the University. For more information about Penn’s vaccine requirements, visit the Penn COVID-19 Response website for the latest information.
Job Description Summary
The Head Coach of Men’s Tennis program at the University of Pennsylvania is responsible for recruiting, training, and counseling of student athletes, fundraising, budget management, and alumni relations activities. Reports to the Senior Associate Athletic Director.
- Coaching – Coach and teach sport specific skills and strategies to current student athletes at practice and competition, including preparation for said practice and competition. Educate team members on proper training techniques, exercises and any sport specific needs. Prepare and execute practice and competition plans. Provide instruction and advice before, during, and after competition in both group and individual settings.
- Recruiting – Consistently recruit national caliber athletes for enrollment at the University through mail, phone, and in-person contact. Identify and properly vet prospects of strong character, academic ability, and athletic skill. Evaluate recruits at competition. Organize and coordinate official and unofficial visits. Communicate with athletic liaison to admissions and financial aid regarding top prospect academic viability.
- Alumni/Community Relations – Build strong relationships with alumni, fans, campus partners, and the broader community.
- Administrative Duties – Effectively work with staff members in the areas of compliance, student development, external operations, facilities/operations, equipment operations, internal operations, and athletic development. Comply with all NCAA, Ivy League, and Penn rules and policies. Assist in organizing team and coach travel, compliance paperwork, and other administrative responsibilities.
- Counseling/Mentoring – Serve as a role model and adviser for student-athletes in a general capacity. Connect student-athletes to necessary resources within and outside of Penn Athletics as needed. Provide a support system to all student-athletes on team.
A Bachelor’s Degree is required and 3 years to 5 years of coaching experience in a successful and highly competitive collegiate program. Demonstrated ability to recruit and counsel student-athletes in a highly competitive academic environment; familiarity with Ivy League philosophy and NCAA rules and regulations highly desirable. Candidate must possess strong communications and management skills. Ability to work evenings, weekends, holidays, and travel with the team or when recruiting as required. Valid drivers license required.
We thank you for your interest in the University of Mary. Founded in 1959 by the Sisters of Annunciation Monastery, the campus overlooks the beautiful Missouri river and is located in Bismarck, North Dakota, a community of approximately 80,000 people, with wonderful family
and parish life, friendly neighborhoods, enjoyable recreational and cultural facilities, a low crime rate, clean air, and excellent schools. The University of Mary, with an enrollment of over 3,000 students, is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association.
A Cover Letter and Resume/CV are required to be considered for this position. Please upload your Cover Letter where it asks you to upload your Resume/CV; multiple documents are allowed.
$51,824.00 – $78,096.00
Salary offers are made based on the candidate’s qualifications, experience, skills, and education as they directly relate to the requirements of the position, as well as internal and market factors and grade profile.
Affirmative Action Statement
Penn adheres to a policy that prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, creed, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected class.
Background check required after a conditional job offer is made. Consideration of the background check will be tailored to the requirements of the job.