The Evert Tennis Academy (ETA) is an innovative partnership between the Evert family, the first family of tennis, and IMG, the world’s largest and most prestigious sports marketing firm. The Evert Tennis Academy’s mission is to pass on to future champions the same knowledge, passion and competitive spirit that drove Chris Evert to win 157 single’s titles, 18 grand slams and to reign for 7 years as the #1 player in the world. By combining the experience of a champion with world-class coaching, cutting-edge training methods and premier facilities the Evert Tennis Academy is able to offer unrivaled programs for players of all ages and abilities.
Evert Tennis Academy is a world-class tennis program that employs cutting-edge training methods in a highly focused, personalized tennis-training environment.
Location: Boca Raton, Florida. Located 30 minutes north of Fort Lauderdale and an hour north of Miami
Ideal candidates have a Bachelor’s degree in exercise science or related field OR Graduate student in Exercise Science or related field
- Fellows should have CSCS certification
- Fellow should maintain a high level of personal fitness and professionalism
- Fellow should be able to provide references upon request
- Fellows must be US citizens or individuals lawfully admitted to the United States for permanent residence
- Fellows must be Safe Play Approved throughout the duration of the fellowship which includes completing a criminal background screen, acknowledgment of the USTA Safe Play Policy, and completing SafeSport training
- Train junior tennis players in strength and conditioning specializing in tennis athletes and player development
- Lead group or individual strength and conditioning sessions
- Hands-on opportunity to apply learnings for tennis-specific strength and conditioning sessions for select players training at the National Campus under a supervised coaching role
- The candidate must be able to work with players from 8-17 years old
- Access physical injuries and redirect them to Medical Professionals. Provide alternative training sessions for injured players.
- The Strength and Conditioning Coach will report to and work directly with the Director of Operations to create science-based, objective-driven, and holistic performance programs for the athletes of our Tennis
- Assist players with alternative strength and conditioning program when injured. Recognize and assess injuries. Refer injured players to professionals
- All candidates must be able to commit to a minimum of 30 hours per week
- Salary based position
- Health Insurance
- Opportunity to make additional monies based on selling and completing half-hourly or hourly personal training sessions with the academy athletes
Interested applicants should contact Jacopo Tezza at [email protected]