Macalester College, a highly selective liberal arts college, seeks to hire a Head Tennis Coach to lead and direct all phases of a successful and competitive NCAA Division III Program. Macalester College aims to hire those that share our college values of excellence in education, multiculturalism and service to society. We aspire to hire a coach that will invest in the success and holistic wellbeing of our entire student athlete population and provide a highly competitive athletic experience for the students we serve.
This is a full-time, twelve month position that reports to the Athletics Director, evening and weekend hours are required
- Organizes, prepares, and conducts safe and strategic individual and team training sessions and competitive strategies. Executes appropriate coaching decisions during practice and competition that ensure the welfare of the student athletes representing their program.
- Understand and support students who are balancing multiple responsibilities as students and athletes in a rigorous academic environment.
- Develops and incorporates a comprehensive recruiting plan that shows successful results for the recruitment, yield and retention of academically and athletically qualified student-athletes in a rigorous academic environment.
- Oversees, monitors, and balances the budget and all financial operations of the program. Develops an effective competitive schedule for the program within the budget parameters.
- Hires, supervises, evaluates and supports professional development of assistant coaches. Completes paperwork necessary for the hiring process in a timely fashion.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required, Masters preferred.
- Valid driver’s license required.
- 3-5 years of college coaching or competitive club coaching experience with recruiting is preferred
- Designing and implementing strategic practice and competition plans
- Creating an effective, sustainable, and results-oriented recruitment plan
- Fostering a positive, organized and enriching experience for the student athletes
- Excellent customer service, communication and interpersonal skills. Must be able to communicate effectively, orally and in writing, with a diverse group of students, faculty and staff, with a commitment to equity, inclusion and diversity.
This is a full time position with access to Macalester’s Benefits Package.
For consideration, please submit your cover letter and resume as one PDF through the Macalester Employment Opportunities webpage. This position will be posted until filled.
All inquiries for this position can be directed to:
Tracy Harris, Talent Acquisition Manager [email protected]
Macalester is dedicated to the goal of building a culturally diverse and pluralistic staff committed to working in a multicultural environment and strongly encourages applications from everyone who would add richness to our community, including people of color, individuals with disabilities, women and LGBTQIA+ individuals.
Macalester College – Institutional Overview
Since its founding in 1874, Macalester has provided students with the inspiration, insight, and experience to become successful and ethical leaders. Located in St. Paul, Minnesota, Macalester enrolls nearly 2,100 students who come from virtually every state and 91 countries. Macalester is committed to being a preeminent liberal arts college known for its high standards of scholarship and its special emphasis on internationalism, multiculturalism, and service to society.
Macalester is proud of its longstanding commitment to social justice and creating a safe environment for all people regardless of sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship status, gender, religion, age, or ability. Macalester is dedicated to the goal of building a culturally diverse and pluralistic staff committed to working in a multicultural environment and strongly encourages applications from everyone who would add richness to our community, including people of color, individuals with disabilities and women.
Macalester employees enjoy a fantastic benefits package and working environment that is second to none. Please visit http://www.macalester.edu/employmentservices/benefits/ for more information about benefits at Macalester College.
Our Commitment to Safety in response to COVID-19:
For the safety of our community, Macalester requires all employees to have received a COVID-19 vaccine. Should a newly hired employee be unable to receive the vaccination for either medical or religious reasons we offer accommodations and assistance.
Questions or concerns about this process should be directed to Employment Services at [email protected]