Missouri Western State University, located on a beautiful campus in St Joseph, Missouri, just 45 minutes north of Kansas City, is seeking a Graduate Assistant for Women’s Tennis starting 1-3-2023. Missouri Western is an NCAA Division II institution, which successfully competes in the Mid-America Intercollegiate Athletics Association (MIAA) in 16 sports and Great Lakes Valley Conference (GLVC) in 1 sport.
The Graduate Assistant Coach will provide support and assistance to the Head Women’s Tennis Coach and the Associate Athletic Director for Facilities and Operations. The Graduate Assistant will receive a $2500 per semester stipend as well as paid graduate school tuition for up to 9 credit hours per semester.
- Aids the Head Women’s Tennis Coach with the Women’s tennis team
- Assists with daily coaching
- Plans practices/workouts
- Prepares and organizes games and meets
- Assists Associate AD for Facilities and Operations with administration/operation of all athletic facilities on campus.
- Facilities/operations responsibilities include maintenance of athletic venues, supervision of events and student employees for all internal and external facility users, game/match preparation, and assistance with the administration of Kansas City Chiefs Training camp.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Employment is contingent on acceptance into MWSU Graduate School (2.75 GPA required for admission).
- Must be CPR/AED certified or be willing to take necessary steps to become certified upon hire.
- Must have a valid US driver’s license.
- Experience as a tennis student-athlete at the collegiate level.
- Knowledge of University and NCAA rules and regulations; possess the requisite qualities for the profession; be able to handle a high workload in a demanding environment and be well organized; excellent interpersonal skills; be able to maintain confidentiality when handling sensitive information and issues; able to work independently.
Hours – 20 hours per week.
Apply online at: https://mwsu.peopleadmin.com/postings/1955