Eastern Illinois University is seeking candidates for the full-time position of Assistant Men’s & Women’s Tennis Coach to assist the Director of Tennis in the management and administration of all phases of Division 1 (Ohio Valley Conference) intercollegiate men’s and women’s tennis programs. This is a full-time, 12-month position which includes health, vision, dental and retirement benefits. (Note: this is not a graduate assistant position) A tuition waiver for up to 6 credits per semester of graduate coursework is also available if desired. Up to $2,000 will be reimbursed for moving expenses.
The Assistant Tennis Coach assists the Director of M/W Tennis in the following:
- Identify, evaluate and recruit student-athletes to succeed at Eastern Illinois University.
- Be responsible in all areas of team performance.
- Reinforce academic achievement and graduation as our top priority
- Diligent in their preparation to compete aggressively to win championships
- Responsible for full compliance with University, Department and NCAA regulations
- Collaborate with Athletic and University support units to ensure Student-Athlete health, safety and well-being
- Organize, plan and conduct safe team training, practice and conditioning activities.
- Participate in fundraising events, community events, promotion and marketing opportunities
Bachelor’s degree required. Possess tennis coaching or playing experience. Must have extensive knowledge of the sport of Tennis. Ability to recruit and retain quality Tennis student-athletes. Excellent organization, interpersonal and communication skills. Demonstrated commitment to the academic success of the student-athlete. Ability and willingness to work effectively in a team atmosphere in the athletic department. Strong commitment to the University, OVC and NCAA rules and regulations. Demonstrated commitment to diversity and experience with promoting inclusivity are required.
A complete file consists of a letter of application, resume, and names, phone numbers, emails of three
(3) professional references. Please submit application materials on Interfolio via http://apply.interfolio.com/100826. Questions about the search process should be directed to Mark Bonnstetter, search committee chair at [email protected].