Brief Position Overview
Responsible for assisting the Women’s Tennis Head Coach with directing the Women’s Tennis program and Bobcat Anderson Tennis Center (BATC) in Bozeman, Montana.
Brief Statement: Under the direct supervision of the Head Coach, assist with the responsibilities of a Division I Women’s Tennis program in accordance with NCAA, Big Sky Conference and University regulations, and directing the Bobcat Anderson Tennis Center (BATC) in Bozeman, Montana. Responsibilities include: staff management, membership management, facility management, fiscal management of BATC including collecting payments and record keeping, student-athlete welfare, academic integrity, public relations, sport-specific fund raising, rules compliance, and planning and implementation of practices and game strategies. The Assistant Women’s Tennis Coach reports directly to the Head Women’s Tennis Coach.
Responsibility and Duties:
- Promote the philosophy and objectives of the Department of Intercollegiate Athletics, including adhering to all Departmental, University, Big Sky Conference, and NCAA rules and regulations; cooperate with all coaches and administrative staff within the intercollegiate athletics programs to enhance overall departmental operations.
- Assist with scouting and recruitment of student-athletes, specifically with on- and off-campus visits of prospective student-athletes, as assigned.
- Assist in coaching student-athletes including evaluating their performance in practices and competition and providing leadership and instruction in areas of deficiencies, as required.
- Assist in coordinating team travel arrangements, as requested. Travel with the team and monitor the conduct of student-athletes.
- Coordinate with the equipment manager to ensure the necessary athletic equipment is available for scheduled practices and competitive events; monitor the condition of equipment; request repairs or replacement as necessary.
- BATC front desk duties: Court scheduling, answering phones, membership check-in, collecting fees, maintain facility, invoicing of dues. Manage student staff of the Bobcat Anderson Tennis Center. Manage membership data system and keep information and collections current. Ensure accurate bookkeeping of membership fees, court fees, lesson fees and tennis center deposits.
- Participate in clinics, exhibitions, and camps as approved.
- Perform all other duties or responsibilities as assigned by the Head Coach, the sport administrator, and/or the Director of Athletics.
Required Qualifications – Experience, Education, Knowledge & Skills
Bachelor’s degree, or an equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
Background of competition or coaching, in tennis, at the professional or collegiate level.
Preferred Qualifications – Experience, Education, Knowledge & Skills
- Collegiate coaching experience at the NCAA Division I level in tennis.
- Knowledge of/commitment to NCAA rules specifically regarding recruiting.
- Experience developing and motivating student-athletes for athletic and academic success.
- Demonstrated experience in coaching and in recruiting and monitoring for NCAA compliance at the NCAA Division I level.
Conditions of Appointment: This is a Limited appointment. An excellent benefits package is also included. Successful applicants are responsible for ensuring their eligibility to work in the United States (i.e. a citizen or national of the United States, a lawful permanent resident, a foreign national authorized to work in the United States without need of employer sponsorship) on or before the effective date of appointment.
To apply, contact Suzie Woodburn at [email protected]