The Head Men’s and Women’s Tennis Coach recruits, builds and maintains the Men and Women’s Tennis program in order to provide a positive experience for student athletes while positively representing the Institute in terms of public relations and exposure.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Organizes and administers a competitive Division III Men’s and Women’s program within the philosophy of an academically demanding STEM program
- Understand and comply with NCAA Division III, HCAC, and Institute rules and regulations.
- Demonstrate a philosophy that emphasizes academic priorities for student-athletes.
- Demonstrate sensitivity to individuals of diverse cultural backgrounds and a commitment to a diverse community.
- Implement a comprehensive recruiting plan for the identification and recruitment of qualified student-athletes.
- Develop and implement plans and strategies for practices and competition.
- Schedule competition, make transportation and lodging arrangements for team travel.
- Manage the Men’s and Women’s tennis operating budget.
- Evaluate program effectiveness.
- Demonstrate a commitment to fostering an inclusive and courageous team environment
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: Valid driver’s license with acceptable MVR (motor vehicle report) required.
Education and/or Experience: Bachelor’s degree in sports related field and 2-3 years playing and/or coaching experience or bachelor’s degree in other field and 4-5 years playing and/or coaching experience required; Master’s degree preferred; demonstrated ability to recruit academically oriented student athletes required; Division III coaching experience preferred.