Western New Mexico Women Finish Opening Weekend Undefeated
SURPRISE, AZ – The Women’s Tennis Team grabbed a big 8-1 win over Mesa Community College Sunday to close out the weekend with a perfect 3-0 record. Karina Diaz (Laredo, TX/United) Kolovos won both her singles and doubles match to complete an undefeated weekend, winning all six of her matches. Nicold Gonzalez (Bogota, Columbia ) and Julia Tozzi (Limeira, Brazil ) finished the weekend undefeated in singles as well.
“I am very proud of our Lady Mustangs for opening the weekend in such a dominating fashion. We look to continue to build upon our successes for our upcoming matches,” said Head Coach Eric Sturgis.
To get complete results click here.
More NCAA D2 Women’s Tennis Updates
- Georgia Southwestern State University Lady Canes Remain Undefeated
- Anderson University Women’s Tennis Blanks Limestone; 4-0
- No. 18 University of California San Diego Tritons Outlasted in Thriller by Defending Division III National Champion Claremont-Mudd-Scripps
- Hillsdale College Chargers Blank Ferris State Bulldogs
- St. Cloud State women’s tennis charts 7-0 victory over UMC
- Western New Mexico Women’s Tennis Grabs Pair of Wins
- Bemidji State Beavers defeat SCSU for first NSIC win of 2019
- Tennis Wins Season Opener at Fort Valley State
- No. 9 Central Oklahoma Sneaks Past Spartans in Opener
- Anderson University Trojans Defeat Belmont Abbey; 6-1
- Lander defeats Mount Olive 4-0, advances to City of Florence Invitational semis
- #25 Georgia College Bobcat Women’s Tennis Sweeps Singles, Defeats Brenau at Home, 6-1
- No. 5 Lynn University Women’s Tennis Soars over Keiser University Seahawks in Home Opener
W🎾: Epic battle Sunday with top-ranked defending #NCAAD3 champion CMS. No. 18 #UCSanDiego will look for first win of 2019 Thursday as seven-match homestand continues 🆚 No. 21 Point Loma at 2 p.m., weather permitting.— UCSD Athletics (@UCSDtritons) February 11, 2019
🔗 https://t.co/dvqtFfR419#GoTritons 🔱 #Tritons #D2Tennis pic.twitter.com/PlzrCc4eMM