During this time of social distancing, our partners at UTR are launching two new programs that will allow coaches, fans and student-athletes to stay connected and involved in the sport. The start dates and details on the programs can be found below.
Universal Tennis (MyUTR.com) today announced the launch of two new initiatives, UTR All Access Series and Host Your Own Webinar For Coaches program, to provide free, virtual opportunities for players, coaches and organizers to stay safely connected to tennis and to each other throughout the global crisis.
The new programming expands UTR Off the Court’s robust slate of free digital content:
- UTR All Access Series: UTR All Access Series is a live, hosted webinar interview series where participants can submit questions in advance to celebrity guests. The line up includes Sam Querrey, Alison Riske, Ivan Lendl, Nick Bollettieri, Dr. Jim Loehr, Bethanie Mattek-Sands, Corey Gauff, Gordon Uehling, Jez Green, Vasek Pospisil, Rajeev Ram and Shelby Rogers. Prakash Amritraj, co-host of Tennis Channel Live, Kirk Spahn and Mark Leschly will serve as hosts.
- Host Your Own Webinar For Coaches: Coming in April, UTR will enable for free any tennis coach to host their own free or paid webinars on the UTR Platform and share their expertise with UTR’s global tennis community, with all proceeds from paid events going directly to the coaches. Tennis coaches who are interested can pre-register for the free program on MyUTR.com.
- UTR Webinar Series: Coaches, organizers, players and parents can access engaging live and on-demand video content offering support to organizers and coaches to develop and enhance their tennis programs, advice on how to implement UTR into their tennis communities, and guidance on how to prepare for when the tennis season picks back up.
“Our goal is to support players, parents, coaches, fans and organizers who are missing the game with opportunities to safely stay connected to tennis and to their tennis communities during this global health crisis,” said Mark Leschly, Universal Tennis Chairman & CEO. “The new UTR All Access and Host Your Own Webinar For Coaches programs are the continuation of our commitment to create compelling and educational online content. As part of our UTR Off the Court digital content initiative, we launched UTR Webinars last month, today we have launched UTR All Access Series, and coming in April the Host a Webinar initiative to provide all coaches the means to engage with the tennis community online with free and paid webinars.”
UTR All Access Series Schedule
Submit questions and connect live with the greatest names in the game in this guest hosted series at 5PM ET / 2 PM PT. Registration is free and open to all. Upon registering, participants can submit their questions in advance for each webinar to be answered by guests during the live programming.
- Thursday, April 2 – Sam Querrey: Host Prakash Amritraj joins ATP pro and world-record service ace holder Sam Querrey (ATP #45) for a discussion on life on the tour and his journey to the top.
- Tuesday, April 7 – Alison Riske: Host Prakash Amritraj and 2019 Wimbledon quarter-finalist Alison Riske (WTA #19) discuss the WTA pro’s tennis journey and what it really takes to compete on the world’s biggest stage.
- Thursday, April 9 – Nick Bollettieri: Get tips and insights from one of the most experienced coaches of all time. IMG Academy founder and the former coach of Monica Seles, Andre Agassi, Maria Sharapova, and Jim Courier answers your questions about improving your game and what it takes to make it to the top. Hosted by Universal Tennis CEO Mark Leschly.
- Thursday, April 16 – Dr. Jim Loehr & Gordon Uehling “Inside the Mind: Making of A Champion”: Join Dr. Jim Loehr, the world renowned sports psychologist and Gordon Uehling, tennis coach, technologist and philanthropist for a discussion on developing mental fitness. Hosted by Universal Tennis CEO Mark Leschly.
- Tuesday, April 21 – Corey Gauff: Join Prakash Amritraj and Corey Gauff, father and coach of phenom Coco Gauff and 2019 PTR Touring Coach of the Year, as they answer your questions on player development, what it’s like being a tennis parent, mental fitness, and balancing tennis and teenagehood.
- Wednesday, April 22 – Vasek Pospisil: Join host Kirk Spahn and submit your questions to one of UTR’s most improved players in 2020, Vasek Pospisil (ATP #93). Get insights about Vasek’s journey, breaking through, and battling to get back to the top.
- Thursday, April 23 – Ivan Lendl & Jez Green, “Maximizing Potential”: Ivan Lendl, 8x Grand Slam Champion and former ATP #1, and Jez Green, renowned movement and conditioning specialist, discuss how a player can maximize their potential to become the best. The former coaches of players like Andy Murray and Alexander Zverev join host Mark Leschly, UTR CEO.
- Tuesday, April 28 – Steve Johnson: Host Prakash Amritraj and Steve Johnson (ATP #63) discuss his journey from USC college tennis to the pros.
- Thursday, April 30 – Bethanie Mattek-Sands: The 9x Grand Slam Champion and Olympic Gold Medalist joins host Prakash Amritraj to dive into what makes a champion and how this top-20 doubles pro stays focused and fit.
- Tuesday, May 5- Rajeev Ram: The 2020 Australian Open doubles champion and Olympic Silver Medalist joins host Prakash Amritraj to dive into what makes a champion and how this top-20 doubles pro stays focused and fit.
- Thursday, May 7 – Shelby Rogers: Host Prakash Amritraj and Shelby Rogers (WTA #113) discuss her tennis journey and what it takes to perform at the highest level.
To see the full slate of free UTR Off The Court programming, register for the UTR All Access Series and UTR Webinar Series events, and sign up for the Host Your Own Webinar for Coaches, please visit MyUTR.com.
About Universal Tennis
The mission of Universal Tennis is to make tennis more affordable, accessible and fun for all players, regardless of age, gender, level and socioeconomic status. The UTR Engagement Platform is anchored by the Universal Tennis Rating (UTR) Powered by Oracle, the world’s most accurate singles and doubles tennis rating system; and provides the tools and solutions to make the Universal Tennis Rating relevant and valuable to players, coaches and organizers in their local domain. Universal Tennis is creating opportunities and pathways for players from all over the world, in all stages of life, to find better matches and unlock a more fun and flexible tennis experience. Watch our video and visit MyUTR.com to sign up, create or find your player profile, and join the global tennis community on UTR.