#23 GC Men’s Tennis Stays Perfect, Upsets #17 Queens University, 4-2
NEWBERRY, S.C. – The #23 Georgia College Men’s Tennis team (3-0) continued their unbeaten run to start the 2019 season by defeating #17 Queens University (2-1) in Newberry, S.C. Friday morning, 4-2.
The Bobcats gained the edge with two dominant performances in doubles action to secure the team point.
In the first slot, the pairing of Robin Moller (Hamburg, Germany) and Matt Rogel (Sautron, France) kicked off the match with an impressive 6-2 performance versus Paolo Bompieri and Joe Dunlap. Augustin Aran Martin and Sebastian Muem pulled Queens even with a win in third flight singles, besting Nathan Connelly (McDonough, Georgia) and Enzo Kohn (Rio de Janiero, Brazil), 6-2. With the final match being played, in the second slot, Jannik Kumbier (Neumünster, Germany) and Noah Wallace (Grayson, Georgia) gave the Bobcats the doubles victory by controlling Julian Bosch and Kasper Rolfsen with a 6-3 score.
To get the complete story, click here.
More NCAA D2 Men’s Tennis Updates
- Western New Mexico Tennis Grabs Key Wins Over Regional Opponents in St. George
- Northwood Timberwolves Men’s Tennis Downs Walsh 6-1
- Christian Brothers University Men’s Tennis Roll for Second Straight Win
- Wheaton Edges Men’s Tennis, 5-4
- No. 3 Lynn University’s Men’s Tennis Picks up Sunday Triumph
- Walsh Men’s Tennis Earns First Win, 6-1
- Ferris State Earns First Men’s Tennis Victory Of Year With Regional Triumph At Lewis
- Doubles Point Proves Clutch in No. 3 Lynn University’s Men’s Tennis’ SSC-Opening Victory
- Jabaley caps Tornado comeback to defeat Bluefield
- Barton men’s tennis picks up first victory of the season, 7-0 over Methodist
- UCSD Tritons Cruise Over Holy Names for First Dual Success of 2019
- Lee University Flames Take Down Eagles In Home Opener
- Anderson University Trojans Grind Out Win Over Mountain Lions; 4-3